Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Alpha & Omega

Alpha & Omega (I'm pretty sure these guys are huge Cro-Mags fans obviously by the title of their name) hails from the concrete jungle of Los Angles, California.

So far over the last few months I've noticed California has been rolling out a ton of new and interesting bands from Trash Talk, Violation, Crucified, Lewd Acts, and a few more. I've been getting in a lot of demos lately and this amazing 3 song demo has stood out to me for numerous reasons. I don't know much about them but I was hooked when I got a hold of the demo. These guys take the cake as a one hell of a younger and up and coming band.. hell I think they have only played under 5 shows. I'm not really sure what bands these guys previously jammed out, but it really doesn't matter. The biggest thing that caught my ear about these guys it he vocals, very distinct and powerful. I don't think I can do a good job describing it so just download the demo.

Listening to them brings to life an explosion of riffed laced hardcore with a a slight sludgy southern metal and a powerful 90's NYHC influence, they don't overuse or jump on the trend boat like a lot of bands trying to pull this mix of style but they bring too life a nice progression of both. If you enjoy anything on the lines of a mix of Biohazard, Life of Agony and a little drop of Crowbar with a little swing to it you'll fall in love with these guys. A lot of the bass lines have a strong Life of Agony feel to them and the overall song structure for these guys is dead on. They do have a drop of Blacklisted sound at times but I doubt this was something they where going for. Each songs will make you want to stomp your feet, swing your ass, and punch a car window out at the same time.

Alpha & Omega -
Demo 2007



Download:
1. Brick by Brick
2. Burned
3. Devils Bed

No comments: