Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stigmata

I might as well keep throwing up some downloads while I think about it and this current post is on Troy's New York own mighty Stigmata. For years the only album I thought existed by them was their one album release on Victory Records entitled "Do Unto Others" which was released in 200, it never really impressed me that much.But their strongest and most epic album is the head stomper entitled "Hyms from a Unknown God," when I got my hands on this album it totally fucking floored me, it's more than just a solid record it's pretty much a 101% perfect metallic hardcore album. Their first 2 albums are two hard-to-find CD's, "The Calling of the Just"and 'The Heart Grows Harder' both of course a now-defunct labels. I don't even remember how I came across the CD form of the album, I think I ran across it at a used CD store around 2000 but I glad I didn't give up on them after hearing their Victory release but this album was jaw dropping.

Fronted by the massive front man Boby Rily and this guy knew how to pick up a lineup. They incorporated some awesome muscians over the few albums they released but most notable member is the riff machine of Mike Maney. Who really has don't a lot of bands from what I know of after Stigmata called it a day, which is a total shame because this guy knows how to write a hard song.
This album totally shows off his talent as a guitar player and the over all song structure of this band is just plain sick. It's had some of the most interesting and heavy riffs I have heard from any hardcore or metal bands rolling out in 1995. The only thing really hardcore about this album is the breakdowns and some of the vocal delivery but most of it is just heavy grooved out metal that will throw you for a curve ball with the riffs this band can spit out. Though some of Boby Riley vocal patterns blow me away espically on the 2nd track..Murder of Life the way he flows over some of the drum beats and guitar riffs are mind blowing, its very interesting to listen to this album from a singer standpoint because he some really cool things. Some of the songs could honestly put Slayer, Hatebreed, and even Merauder too shame in the hardness dept., the entire album feels like a ten ton hammer crashing down on your house.

Not a lot of bands around the late 90's where putting out hardcore like this espically in 1995 it was probably to heavy for most, their song structure really made them stick out but it still shocks me they never were that popular then and still aren't today.You can shoot me if you like but I find this album almost equally good to Merauders classic "Master Killer" album, too me it's 10x more pissed off sounding.



Stigmata - "Hyms from a Unkown God"
[Too Damn Hype Records : 1995]
DOWNLOAD

1. Save Us
2. Nothing But Enemies
3. Murder Of Life
4. Ignorant & Wire
5. Clipper Of Wings
6. Hands Of Gods
7. Burning Humana

3 comments:

Dloogi said...

Yo!

You wanna trade links? My blog url is: http://old-school-hate.blogspot.com/.

Let me know what you think!

Kyle Akuma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle Akuma said...

I don't know how to send messages on here really. I think the link in this will be useful though.

I came across this blog by pure chance and I figured I'd share the calling of the just and heart grows harder in mp3 format. I used to live in troy and the cd was pretty much impossible to find there. My friend from the albany area hooked me up years ago, so I'd figured I'd pass this on. Enjoy.


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QG1SCZQZ