Monday, September 24, 2007

Introducing Irreversible

After posting information about Rosetta I thought I would carry on the tradition and post up another post-metal or whatever you would like to label it band that is extremely underrated.
My buddy Grahm from Atlanta has been playing in an amazing band called Irreversible and it's time for me to spread the word about these fellas. I guess over the year or two I've been getting to a lot of darker, ambient, and sludge music and Irreversible can fit into these styling that seems to be grabbing my attention for quite awhile.

Irreversible is hot off their e.p "AGE" which was released last year and it helped them achieve a status that most younger bands strive for when it comes to this post-metal/post-hardcore scene which seems to be ruled by a lot of older bands. They bring complex drumming with irregular beats, layered guitars with chromatic passages, powerful bass-lines, and bizarre keyboards that create an extremely dark vibe that brings hits of Neurosis/Isis but some of their riffs seems to be reminiscent of the first Tool record to me but more sludgy in that aspect. They are a world wind of sounds but it all fits together quite smoothly unlike a lot of band I've been hearing they aren't too heavy and they aren't too ambient. They even use interesting and creepy sound samples through out their songs which really caught my attention.

Their lyric content is very dark on the "AGE" e.p. and they record the album in one single track that is broken up into a variation of 5 parts, which it seems to run on a little bit but the entire album reads like a story.


"i know you dream, but we cant stop time
and now look at me
rotten and fading
now im crushed back to dust
if only we could evolve enough
to control the force that made us
time has ruined me
time destroys all things..."

I'm sure you could match up the record with some dark sci-fli flick and it would probably scare the shit out of you. I definitely wouldn't consider Irreversible a space rock back their extremely to think and dark to fit into that genre but what style or musical genre bracket you want to put them they are frankly amazing. Creating something this powerful, aggressive, and dark while still keeping a underlying ambient vibe is difficulty to grasp and they do it perfect.

I'm not sure if this style of post-metal is going to be the new trend in heavy music but if it's is Irreversible is going to be at the fore front with the new material they will be releasing later this year, they have 2 songs on their personal myspace of a l.p. entitled "SINS". So please pick that up when it comes out, I think you can still order their e.p through their myspace page which I have linked below.

Irreversible is a very underrated band with lack of a strong label support and not a lot of touring majority of people I ask them about have no idea who they are so do yourself a favor and give them a listen. You can check out further information and music from them at their myspace page:
Myspace.com/irreversiblemusic

No comments: