Wednesday, July 20, 2011

ill blood: the album that still bleeds documentary

ill blood: the album that still bleeds. from Johnny Five on Vimeo.


Even though I used to love some of the rip-off No Warning bands that exploded after this album came out and few years down the road, I cringe that bands that try to sound like this now. There were a hand full of bands who did it well and many that were just plain awful.I guess my reasoning behind this was the overkill of bands, riffs, and kids that jocked this band. It took me a few years to realize that N.W. wasn't amazing as they were respected for and I think this was caused by the reality brick that hit me the head that told me, "No Warning is just repackaging version of Breakdown spread up." It's shocking I didn't realize it years ago but of course I wasn't in love with the band Breakdown in 2001. I still enjoys everything N.W put out from the demo to the last album they recorded. Hearing the ill blood album any times spark my memory of good times at shows and friends over the years, that's for sure.

I stumbled upon this documentary that I must have forget about over the last year or two.I have no idea who released this and the background behind it but it's basically ex members and some respected punk/hardcore individuals talking about the ill blood record. It's put together pretty pore so there not point of me giving you a review of it. Just watched it and come up with your own assumption of it.

No comments: