Sunday, October 26, 2008

No Justice

About 5 years ago I sang in a band called Reaction who was doing a tour with Still Crossed and One Up and we had a show in D.C, we stayed at this kids house named Black Nick who did a little time in Commin Correct. We crashed at his house at that evening and I remember him tossing around the band No Justice in some random conversations we had. He showed me some type of magazine add that had of the singer modeling some GAP clothes then threw on the 7inch' for me. The pictures of this kid and then listening to hear him scream his lungs off totally didn't mash up but I was floored when I heard what was coming out of the speakers.

No Justice hailed from Virginia/D.C.. They existed for an all too short time in the late 90's, recording a demo and 7inch from what I know, I think they had some songs on a comp but I'm not totally sure. I don't know where the members went to or what bands they did time in before NJ, but I know the small songs they released is classic hardcore for the time era they were active.

The 7inch came out on the Chicago label Underestimated around 1999 and it's piled full of immense energy and what seemed an unending desire to destroy self & stage alike, the band tore apart everything- bolted down or not.
They have a very early minor threat sound into a pissed off youth crew type sound. If you enjoy any 80's style of hardcore punk you will enjoy No Justice. Many No Justice stories have been told like singer Timmy running about screaming into a megaphone, ripping instruments out of band members hands, and just general mayhem something I was never lucky to see. I believe the band was together from about 1999/98 to 2001 and it's a bummer they were such short lived.... enjoy.

Here is a interview in 200 with NJ: Bare bones hardcore Blog


No Justice - "Still Fighting"
(
Underestimated Records/1999)
DOWNLOAD

1. Political Scheme
2. Throw It Away
3. Confused and Betrayed
4. Everything Falls Apart
5. Failed
6. Still Fighting

3 comments:

xroldx said...

Damn I love No Justice they are on of my favourite bands of those years. The singer previously sang in BladeCrasher who released a 7" on Youngblood.

No Justice also has some songs on the Youngblood compilation which sure is worth checking out!

xroldx said...

There's something wrong with your download, I tried it and I only get a weird text document.

Unknown said...

The guitar player went on to sing for 86 MENTALITY.